TaDa!

TaDa!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Broken

I'm starting to wonder if there's a poltergeist running around my apartment and breaking things. My kitchen sink has had some issues draining for a while now, but would clear right up when I turned on the disposal. Well you guessed it, the disposal stopped working. There's nothing stuck in it and I tried to reset it but it is completely dead. It doesn't even make noise. So I was up at 6am and put in an online work order for it to be fixed. It's 311pm right now, no maintenance guy to be seen. I just know they are going to show up at 4, not be able to fix it and I'll be without a sink for another night. I hope they plan on paying for my dinner and breakfast out. I was going to make Suman a nice breakfast tomorrow when he got here (Side note for those who don't already know- Suman was in a car accident yesterday and missed his train out here. He's ok, but we're not sure if the car is salvageable or not). The LEAST I could do is make him breakfast, but that's not likely.

Also, my cable box has stopped working. I called COX to get tech support and got the stupid automated service. The first thing it says on the recording is that Saddleback College's TV channel will not be broadcasting all month. There's really that many people who watch this channel for fun that it needs to be the first thing said?! These people need to learn how to watch TV. Seriously, watch some Friends reruns or the Daily Show for God's sake. Anyway automated Betty was unable to solve my problem so I was asked to either stay on hold or they would call me back. I choose the latter. They said they would call back in 59 minutes, which was obviously a lie because I called them over an hour ago. I just called again and they said they would receive a call within one hour and 45 minutes! You have GOT to be kidding me!! They will keep your place in line and call you back in your turn is obviously a bunch of BS. ARG! Also, why do I have to enter my phone number when they were able to identify my account by the number I called from?

So, I can't go anywhere because I have to be near my cable box for when these slackers finally decide to call me back. I obviously can't watch TV, I can't cook anything because my sink isn't working. Maybe I should clean? I don't want to vacuum in case I can't hear my phone ringing, and evidently can't clean the kitchen. My last apartment complex may have been a little ghetto, but the maintenance people were much more organized. I think I'll take a nap. That's pretty much the best way to guarantee the maintanence guys will show up. I'm sure the second I doze off they'll ring my doorbell.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! I love the last line. Seriously, every time I try to take a nap my phone rings or someone knocks on the door, or the neighborhood dogs decide to have choir practice. Hope everything was fixed! Our disposal went out on Christmas Eve...so not fun.

    ReplyDelete